TripAdvisor/Viator Integration Instructions (after a TripAdvisor/Viator account is created). Contact your TRYTN account manager or email@example.com with questions.
1. Inform TripAdvisor/Viator you would like to connect TRYTN as your reservation system
- Or, log into TripAdvisor Experiences Management Center. Go to Supplier dropdown menu on the top right -> Account Page -> Connectivity tab -> Click green button “Connect Now”
- Select TRYTN from a dropdown menu
- You will see API enabled "Pending" (screenshot below) > Click Edit button
- Enter API key prod_Ct8P9QMwzXa8odAevU8sS0fQCsIwYD7btOoW337czg1
- Click Save
- A Viator Supplier ID number will display, make note of this number:
2. Log into TRYTN: Settings > Viator > Enter Viator Supplier ID > Save Changes
3. In TRYTN: Products > Scheduled > Actions > Advanced Settings > click checkbox for “is this item exposed for purchase thru Viator?” > Save Changes
- Repeat for each activity
Please note after steps 1-3 are completed, it can take 8-24 hours for the API connection to display within your TripAdvisor/Viator Account.
4. In TripAdvisor Experiences:
- If your products and schedule is not yet created, create products and schedule: Products > Create a Product* > Complete steps
- If your products and schedule is created in TripAdvisor/Viator , Follow TripAdvisor Experiences Mapping Instructions
*TripAdvisor Experiences note: If you run slight variations of the same tour/activity (such as multiple time slots), we recommend creating only one product and adding multiple Options onto it. This will greatly help customers know which option they wish to book, give them the option to upgrade to a better option, and consolidate your reviews to one place.
To create Options on your product, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the TripAdvisor/Viator Management Center (https://supplier.viator.com/)
2. Click the “Products” tab
3. Find the product you want to edit and click "Manage"
4. Select the “Schedules and prices” tab
5. Click the “Add option” button at the bottom of this page
6. Add the name of your Option
7. Click “Next”
8. Enter the dates this Option is available for
9. Click “Next”
10. Enter the rates for this Option for each Age Group you offer
11. Select the days of the week you operate this Option
12. If the Option begins at a specific time, enter the start time(s) that apply
13. Click “Save”
For questions when you are within TripAdvisor/Viator , it is recommended to click the help button on the lower righthand corner. Below are some other support articles from TripAdvisor/Viator:
- How do I connect my products to the Viator API?: https://help.supplier.viator.com/en/articles/104
- Syncing Tour Times with your Reservation System: https://help.supplier.viator.com/en/articles/189 -- > The last paragraph on this page mentions creating Product Options for different start times.
- Product Options: https://help.supplier.viator.com/en/articles/103