Translating your shop's content can be important if you receive business from other countries or from customers who speak other languages. This creates a better user experience for customers with browsers that differ from the language used by your shop.
This article covers the following topics:
- Supported Languages for Translation
- How Translations Work for your Customers
- How to Translate your Shop Content
Supported Languages for Translation
The TRYTN system currently supports the following languages. Additional languages will be added in the future as well as on a needed basis.
How Translations Work for your Customers
When a user selects a different language (or views shop content with a specific language), the translated content will be present. Any content not translated will be presented to the user in English.
How to Translate your Shop Content
To translate content within your TRYTN account, navigate to any item and find the Actions menu and select Translations to view the Translations screen. Nearly all items that you create within the TRYTN system allow for translation and they all behave the same.
On this screen, you will see the Default Content you've included for your item in the column on the left. Your Translated Content will appear in the right column. If you have not already set a transaction the content on the right will be presented in the English.
Follow the steps below to translate your page content:
- Select Language: Pick the language you wish to translate your content page into using the dropdown menu provided.
- Translated Content: This column offers the ability to translate each field into another language. Translate the provided content in each of the Default Content fields (on the left) and place the translated text into the corresponding Translated Content field on the right.
- Save Changes: Once your translations are complete, select Save Translations. If you select Cancel, these translation changes will not be saved.
Note: TRYTN does not support the ability to translate asset names. Please open a support ticket if you encounter an example where an asset name needs to be translated.