An affiliate is an individual or company that resells your products or refers customers to you. The TRYTN system allows you to easily create an affiliate and assign any applicable flat fee- or percentage-based commission rules. The system also keeps track of all purchases that are associated with affiliates so you can quickly and efficiently generate commission reports.
This article covers the following topics:
- Create a New Affiliate
- Edit an Existing Affiliate
- Archive an Affiliate
- Restore an Achieved Affiliate
Create a New Affiliate
To create a new affiliate, log in to your TRYTN account and navigate to Settings > Affiliates and click the green +Add button.
On the Affiliates - Create screen, start by entering a Name for your affiliate.
Next, enter any applicable Commission Rules. Commission rules indicate the flat fee or percentage due to affiliates upon purchase for reporting purposes. An affiliate can have zero or more commission rules. With commission rules, the system can automatically calculate the commission earned for an affiliate on a per-booking basis.
You can start adding commission rules by clicking the blue +Add button.
From here, enter both a commission Amount and a commission Type. An explanation of commission rule types is provided below. (Note: You can enter as many commission rules as needed for any given affiliate).
Affiliates can have any combination of the three commission rule types. These types are:
- Flat Amount - A flat, basic rate calculated at a per-purchase level. For example, if an affiliate has a $5 flat amount rule set, no matter the amount of the purchase the affiliate will always receive a $5 commission for each purchase made.
- Flat Amount (per Participant) - Similar to the flat amount type, this is a flat, basic rate calculated at a per-participant level. For example, if an affiliate has a $5 flat amount (per participant) rule set and a purchase is booked for three (3) participants, that affiliate would earn $15 commission for that purchase.
- Percent - With a percent based commission rule, the commission changes based on the total amount of the purchase (less service fees and taxes). So, if a 10% rule is set for an affiliate, that affiliate would earn $1 commission if they sold a ticket worth $10, or would earn $100 commission for a $1000 purchase.
Note that these rules can also be combined to create more enticing commission structures for your affiliates. Simply click the +Add button and repeat the process to include additional commission rules, as needed.
Once all rules for an affiliate are complete, click Save Changes. The affiliate you've created will be added to the Active Affiliates list on the Affiliates screen.
Edit an Existing Affiliate
To edit an existing affiliate, navigate to Settings > Affiliates and scroll through the Active Affiliates list to find the one you need to update. Once you've located the affiliate of interest, click the applicable Actions menu and select Edit.
From the Edit screen, make all necessary changes and then click Save Changes to be sure all updates are retained.
Archive an Affiliate
To archive an active affiliate, navigate to Settings > Affiliates and scroll through the Active Affiliates list. Once you've located the affiliate that needs to be archived, click the applicable Actions menu and select Archive.
The affiliate's name will then be added to the Archived Affiliates list on the Affiliates screen. Once archived, affiliates will not receive any commission.
Restore an Archived Affiliate
To restore a previously archived affiliate, navigate to Settings > Affiliates and scroll through the Archived Affiliates list to find the name of the affiliate you're looking for. Next, click the applicable Actions menu and select Restore.
The affiliate will then be added back to the Active Affiliates list and made available for editing, if needed.